Personal Information We Collect
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, first and last name, home or other physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information (“Personal Information”).
In general, you can visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself. However, if you:
- 1. (a) send us e-mail inquiries or call us, we will receive your name and e-mail address, and if we need to follow up with you in writing or by telephone, we may ask for your contact information (such as first name, last name, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number) (collectively the “Contact Information”);
- 2. (b) sign up to be a Noah’s Natural Foods member we will require you to register for an account and provide the Contact Information;]
- 3. (c) request to receive promotional mailings from us, we will collect the Contact Information relevant to the form of mailing requested, either post, e-mail or both;
We may collect your IP address, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, sections of the Site visited, number of links you click while on the Site, search terms, operating system, website traffic and related statistics, keywords and/or other data.
How We Use Personal Information
With respect to the Personal Information we collect, we may retain and use that information for several purposes, as follows:
- 1. (a) to process your purchases and return/refund requests;
- 2. (b) to receive and respond to your questions and comments;
- 3. (c)if you consent to join our mailing list, to send you periodic communications by e-mail or regular mail, such as news updates, special promotional offers or information on products or services which may be of interest to you; and
- 4. (e) to ensure compliance with our policies and applicable law, which may include passing your Personal Information to governmental, regulatory or law enforcement agencies, as referred to below.
If you later wish to opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time, simply follow the instructions in the Privacy Preferences/Opt-Out section.
Retention and Storage of Your Personal Information
Noah’s Natural Foods will retain your Personal Information to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected. However, we will delete your Personal Information after the period of time set out in our internal retention policy has expired, commencing from the point at which you unsubscribe from all our mailing lists or close your account, whichever is latest, unless:
- 1. (a) you request that some or all of your Personal Information be permanently deleted by us (subject to the limited circumstances in the immediately following paragraph); or
Noah’s Natural Foods reserves the right to maintain your Personal Information beyond the period referred to in our internal retention policy for as long as is required:
- 1. (a) in order to comply with applicable laws;
- 2. (b) in the event that there is ongoing litigation involving you and us; or
- 3. (c) there is an ongoing investigation or proceeding involving law enforcement, governmental or regulatory authorities with jurisdiction over your Personal Information.
To close your account please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want us to remove you from all or some of our mailing lists to which you have subscribed, please see the opt-out options set out under the Privacy Preferences/Opt-Out section. If, in addition, you want us to delete your personal information from our databases at the same time as closing your account or removing you from our mailing lists, or both, please indicate as such in your e-mail. If you do not ask us to delete your personal information once your account or subscription to our mailing lists, or both, have been closed, we shall handle your Personal Information in accordance with our internal retention policy.
We may, directly or indirectly through service providers, serve personalized advertisements for products, services and programs when you visit the Site and other sites. We and our service providers may use personal information and non-identifiable information collected during your visits to the Site to select advertisements, perform, or have performed, cookie synchs, and otherwise combine and compare your information with other databases for our commercial purposes. You may opt-out of the tailoring of advertising based on information we collect.
If you no longer want to receive promotional e-mails or communication from Noah’s Natural Foods, please follow one of the three options below:
- 1. 1) When you send us your e-mail to register for a Noah’s account you will be asked to send your Contact Information to a specific Noah’s Natural Foods e-mail address to establish the account, and to receive e-mail, including e-mail relating to the status of the Noah’s account and related promotional e-mails (such as new features, services and special offers) periodically sent as part of the program. If you want to establish just a Noah’s account for the benefit of your in-store purchases, and receive only occasional factual information regarding your account, but no promotional e-mail, you will be requested to send your Contact Information to a different e-mail address. You will be able to request to receive the Noah’s promotional e-mail, at any time, by sending us a request on e-mail, at which point we will upgrade your account.
- 2. 2) You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional e-mails by clicking “Click here to unsubscribe now”.
- 3. 3). When you receive a promotional e-mail from Noah’s Natural Foods, it will contain a link that allows you to stop the delivery of e-mail messages from us. If you decide to use this opt-out link, you will no longer receive special offers, valuable coupons, monthly vitamin specials and newsletters from Noah’s Natural Foods.
Noah’s Natural Foods intends to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure. When you transmit Personal Information to our servers, your information is protected by both a “firewall” (a combination of computer hardware and software that helps keep unauthorized visitors from accessing information within our computer network) and industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Information.
Credit card and other financial information that is necessary to complete purchases on the Site is collected and processed by a service provider and encrypted using SSL before transmitted over the Internet.
Third Party Websites
Please note that you may have cookies placed on your computer by third party websites that refer you to the Site. Although we do not share your Personal Information with these third party websites, they may be able to link certain non-personally identifiable information we transfer to them with Personal Information they previously collected from you. Please review the privacy policies of each website you visit to better understand their privacy practices. In addition, Noah’s Natural Foods would like to inform you that anytime you click on links (including advertising banners), which take you to third party websites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies.
While we support the protection of our customer’s privacy on the Internet, Noah’s Natural Foods expressly disclaims any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation, to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information by third parties.
***The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by Noahsnaturalfoods.ca or Health Canada and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Noahsnaturalfoods.ca is not responsible for any statements or claims that various manufacturers make about their products or the general information provided for each product on this website. We cannot be held responsible for typographical errors or product formulation changes. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at Noahsnaturalfoods.ca and especially before using any product sold on this website.
Online and In-Store Sales and Prices
Noah's In-Store Loyalty Program